help - search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Christina Aguilera - Burlesque trailer
fmforums > discussion forums > music
Pages: 1, 2
Benzai
Posting here rather than Screen as i don't think anyone other than Aguilera fans will be excited bout this.

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/burlesque/trailer

Not excited bout the film, but soundtrack should be good...
darker_phoenix
It looks like ABSOLUTE shit.
saintly_boy
Christina is so pretty when her face isn't caked with a tonne of make-up.

I might watch it to try and figure out if that's really Cher or a bionic version of her Madame Tussauds figure.
Marvel
Showgirls PART 2.
disco-stick
I think this looks fantastic! can't wait to see it!
Sam Hain
One to watch indeed. I love trash.
CyanIsland
QUOTE(Marvel @ Aug 6 2010, 20:10) *
Showgirls PART 2.

That's what I thought! lol_2.gif
darker_phoenix
This wishes it could reach the brilliance of Showgirls or Glitter.
CyanIsland
QUOTE(darker_phoenix @ Aug 6 2010, 20:37) *
Glitter.

So shit even I haven't seen it. lol_2.gif
Marvel
SHUT UP GLITTER IS AWESOME!
neanderthal
LOL at cher!
Jaylocutus
QUOTE(Benzai @ Aug 6 2010, 19:45) *

Posting here rather than Screen as i don't think anyone other than Aguilera fans will be excited bout this.

Erm, Cher....

Aww Christina trying to act. Well she looks like she might be more of a JLO than a Beyonce when it comes to the big screen. Give the weak sales of her album though does anyone think she has the appeal to bring in a big crowd?
CyanIsland
QUOTE(Jaylocutus @ Aug 7 2010, 00:23) *
Aww Christina trying to act. Well she looks like she might be more of a JLO than a Beyonce when it comes to the big screen. Give the weak sales of her album though does anyone think she has the appeal to bring in a big crowd?

Oh, God, I saw Beyoncé in this Obsessed movie and she was awful! lol_2.gif J.Lo may not be a fantastic actress but she can hold her own if given the right part.

QUOTE(Marvel @ Aug 6 2010, 23:13) *

I love Mariah, but I couldn't bring myself to watch Glitter. lol_2.gif Maybe I'll check it out, then. I loved Wise Girls and Tennessee, but have yet to see Precious - must get the DVD!
Koochi
QUOTE(Benzai @ Aug 6 2010, 18:45) *

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ Excusez Moi?!?!?! You are grossly underestimating the power of Cher here! You are clearly forgetting that the woman has one an Academy Award (for Lead Actress for Moonstruck), been nominated for another (Suppoorting Actress for her role in Silkwood) and has WON the award the Cannes Film Festival for Best Actress (for her role in MASK)...

In addition to her Academy Award, she's won an Emmy and a Grammy, and has had a US No. 1 in the 1960s, 1970s.. and 1990s! HELLS YES. Bet you ain't, eh?!

IMO the advert looks great, CHER looks absolutely incredible and the whole film looks awesomely uplifting, and Christina don't look half bad in it either. Shame Bionic wasnt a global smash otherwise the success of this would be guaranteed, but no worries, it has C H E R ! ! !

Smoke on your pipe and put that in!

Benzai
No i'm not forgetting about Cher and her achievements which i'm well aware of. What i'm saying is that Cher has nothing to prove in either her film or music career whereas the Aguilera fans will be creaming themselves over the prospect of Christina's debut film PLUS another album giving her a second crack to prove she hasn't flopped.
Sam Hain
QUOTE(Koochi @ Aug 7 2010, 02:31) *

QUOTE(Benzai @ Aug 6 2010, 18:45) *

and has WON the award the Cannes Film Festival for Best Actress (for her role in MASK)...

IMO the advert looks great, CHER looks absolutely incredible ...... but no worries, it has C H E R ! ! !

Smoke on your pipe and put that in!

Yes, I agree Cher is great but she now seems to have taken her role in Mask to heart. An actor needs a face that moves more than slightly.
Jaylocutus
QUOTE(CyanIsland @ Aug 7 2010, 01:30) *

Oh, God, I saw Beyoncé in this Obsessed movie and she was awful! lol_2.gif J.Lo may not be a fantastic actress but she can hold her own if given the right part.

JLO + The Cell = Great

QUOTE(Sam Hain @ Aug 7 2010, 08:19) *

Yes, I agree Cher is great but she now seems to have taken her role in Mask to heart. An actor needs a face that moves more than slightly.

She has a good trick though, have a wig with a fringe then you can't see if her forehead moves. Glen Close needs to do that...
Sam Hain
biggrin.gif
I watched the trailer twice now and Cher manages a slight quizzical crease between her eyebrows.

*Jennifer Lopez was great in Out of Sight with George Clooney...a film I really should see again!
Jaylocutus
Yeah, she tries to emphasize it by tilting her head back a bit at the same time lol
darker_phoenix
QUOTE(CyanIsland @ Aug 7 2010, 01:30) *

QUOTE(Marvel @ Aug 6 2010, 23:13) *

I love Mariah, but I couldn't bring myself to watch Glitter. lol_2.gif Maybe I'll check it out, then. I loved Wise Girls and Tennessee, but have yet to see Precious - must get the DVD!

I watched Glitter after being up for 46 hours and high of caffeine. It was one of the most surreal experiences ever. Watch it !
AdrienAsche
This might have worked slightly better if it was before Christina was known. We all know how she sings, so that entire scene where she approaches the microphone sheepishly is completely devoid of tension. I actually pity Christina, because she's never had a real mainstream identity. She was always (undeservedly) overshadowed by Brittney, and now Gaga's taking the whole "crazy platinum blonde" thing, and she's once again got nowhere to go. Aside from a hit every now and then, the public generally forgets about her.
ChrisJamesDean
QUOTE(Benzai @ Aug 6 2010, 19:45) *

Not excited bout the film, but soundtrack should be good...

lol_2.gif see i posted it earlier in screen thinking no one had posted it for some strange reason!

I actually think i'll like the film and agree the soundtrack should be the best part
Josh<3
I'm really excited for this! It's like 'Coyote Ugly', which I love. Plus I'm excited for the 8 new Christina songs.

ALSO, the new version of Burlesque sounds amazing <3
Justin22
Looks good and christina looks amaing but I'm more excited about the songs
bigwill101
Looks brilliant and camp as hell!!! Cher & Christina together will be just fabulous.... & Christina is showing better acting skills in the trailer than Mariah did in the whole of Glitter, just saying!
Lou17
I will watch this even if it isnt up to much, but on the upside we have a soundtrack to go along with it bleh.gif
ice_blueyes
Christina singing the Etta James song 'Something's Got A Hold On Me' from Burlesque

The vocals at the start are amazing!
Benzai
As awesome as her voice and performance is, it's putting me off the movie. If it's gonna be filled with her performing instead of acting i'll wait and watch on youtube....
poland74
Does/will Cher have any songs on the soundtrack?
CyanIsland
It looks a bit like a low-budget music video. Love the song, though!
Josh<3
QUOTE(poland74 @ Aug 11 2010, 20:41) *

Does/will Cher have any songs on the soundtrack?

She's meant to have 2 songs smile.gif
Benzai
the awesome original:

Lou17
Thanks! I love that version of the song, This sountrack is going to be Brilliant grindance.gif
Kaspian
it look great.
& that scene is not the final edit apparently.
DirrtY!
Can't wait to see it!!!
Chris is amazing!!
Kaspian
I cant stop playing Christina's version of 'Something's Got A Hold On Me'

Her vocals are just amazzzzingggg!!!
darker_phoenix
Poor christina, her career is in the shitter.
Kaspian
She'll bounce back.
If not, as long as she keeps releasing music ill still be happy, whether it charts or not
DirrtY!
QUOTE(Kaspian @ Aug 28 2010, 02:41) *

She'll bounce back.
If not, as long as she keeps releasing music ill still be happy, whether it charts or not

yeah me too!!
Chris is stronger then ever!!
MME
QUOTE(AdrienAsche @ Aug 7 2010, 20:38) *

This might have worked slightly better if it was before Christina was known. We all know how she sings, so that entire scene where she approaches the microphone sheepishly is completely devoid of tension. I actually pity Christina, because she's never had a real mainstream identity. She was always (undeservedly) overshadowed by Brittney, and now Gaga's taking the whole "crazy platinum blonde" thing, and she's once again got nowhere to go. Aside from a hit every now and then, the public generally forgets about her.

QUOTE(Kaspian @ Aug 28 2010, 01:41) *

She'll bounce back.

I don't think it matters if Christina never reaches that mainstream. There is no doubt that Christina is vocally talented, and she doesn't really need all the extra fluff that works for Britney ang Gaga. She has her fans and again she wins most of her battle through her vocals alone. She shouldn't try to be anything else and just keep on doing what she's doing.

I haven't warmed up to the Bionic album as much as her previous two albums, even though I do like 'You Lost Me'.

As for the movie, it looks like a generic unknown star rise to fame story which isn't my kind of thing anything. But like most of you are saying the soundtrack should be amazing. smile.gif
Kaspian
QUOTE(MME @ Aug 28 2010, 11:10) *

I don't think it matters if Christina never reaches that mainstream. There is no doubt that Christina is vocally talented, and she doesn't really need all the extra fluff that works for Britney ang Gaga. She has her fans and again she wins most of her battle through her vocals alone. She shouldn't try to be anything else and just keep on doing what she's doing.

I haven't warmed up to the Bionic album as much as her previous two albums, even though I do like 'You Lost Me'.

As for the movie, it looks like a generic unknown star rise to fame story which isn't my kind of thing anything. But like most of you are saying the soundtrack should be amazing. smile.gif

I agree, I dont think Christina will reach as mainstream as Lady GaGa, Rihanna or Katy Perry again.. thats just due to already being a popstar for 11 years. Was the same for Mariah and Madonna. They have had major hits after being around for so long, but i wouldnt consider them as being in the 'mainstream gang' if you get me.. same with J-Lo.

I also agree if Christina drops the over-sexual personna and pays more attension to pop culture and the charts more then we would see a more authentic Christina.
Saying that i have to say the Bionic album and it showcases some of her best artistic work and vocals.

I am happy to see she is making the transition into film, lets hope the acting is as good as her vocals.
Justin22
Burlesque Poster

FMF Image
CyanIsland
I love that poster, and Cher looks fabulous! grindance.gif
Kaspian
Love the poster.
Lou17
What a great poster! smile.gif
CherryBoomBoom
QUOTE(CyanIsland @ Aug 30 2010, 23:46) *

Well she should, that face mush have cost her a fortune. biggrin.gif
CyanIsland
QUOTE(CherryBoomBoom @ Sep 2 2010, 09:30) *

QUOTE(CyanIsland @ Aug 30 2010, 23:46) *

Well she should, that face mush have cost her a fortune. biggrin.gif

lol_2.gif Good point!
BongMate
Just seen the trailer in the theater.

This looks like a fucking train wreck. Christina comes out so presumptuous in this. When cher said something like "how come you didn't tell me you could sing like that?". ugh.. made my skin crawl. I could hear the audience moan when christina started to belt out her song.

Christina can't pull this movie off. She's way too famous and people wont see the character. They'll just see Christina Aguilera. If she was making another type of movie maybe. But she's playing a girl who wants to be a burlesque girl and apparantly has an AHMAZING voice...

Give me a fucking break!

This will be Christina's Glitter.

I've never had anything against her but this trailer just put me off of her for good.

FMF Image
darker_phoenix
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOHOHOHOHHHHHHHHHHH

If she doesn't do that about 26 times during the movie I will eat my HAT!
Lou17
What Diva doesn't do that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.